10/02/2018

The 100th Window is still open



Massive Attack's 4th album, 100th Window was released 15 years ago on Feb. 10, 2003.

It was so ahead of its time. Thus, the music and themes are still so relevant today.

I totally immersed myself in it when it came out, not reading a single review. I literally lived with it the autumn when I was working in Prague, my first long-term experience abroad.

There, between the remains of the Cold War, between East and West, while American president George Bush and his then ally British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the world looked so dangerously changing into a monster again...

Very few artists captured the complexity of these times with so much talent.

3D and Neil Davidge, when I interviewed them, separately, both reckoned the album was completely influenced by the consequences of September 11th...

-


Here's the first single, written with and performed by Sinéad O'Connor:


'Special Cases' 





No comments:

Post a Comment