01/11/2017

Algiers - the band - is coming back to Europe. You cannot miss them!


 Algiers, the most powerful and relevant band in America at the moment.

In the past three years, I've chosen to write mainly about art and music to comment on social change. Why? Because it can talk to anyone, in any country, from any age and any social class.

I'm a writer, I've written a thesis about two writers, 15 years ago, Frantz Kafka and Milan Kundera, clever and visionary commentators of the twentieth century, I've helped Raoul Peck on his research on a journalist and philosopher, the unique Karl Marx, I've written short stories and a novel, unpublished yet, I'm working on a couple of writers' biography project. I'm reading a book a week at the moment... But...

But, around me, who brought social change the most powerfully are filmmakers and musicians.

This is why I work with a filmmaker and support committed musicians, who understand their world and want to reflect it.
Especially in the times of uncovering of lies and corrupted power.

We must keep on talking, singing, telling the true stories, our history, and uncovering the wrong-doing.


-


Music for today:


Algiers - "Death March (Prurient Remix)" (Official Audio)






-


begin their November tour of Europe. See them at the dates below:



No comments:

Post a Comment