23/07/2017

Bedouine - "Solitary Daughter"



Real woman's talk....

"I don’t need your company to feel saved"...


Bedouine - "Solitary Daughter"






-

Lyrics:

with the conviction of the woman you made me i find blades of grass from the island you lent me i find on every floor, in every drawer though i’m not an island i’m a body of water jeweled in the evening - a solitary daughter if picked at by noon, by midnight i’m ruined leave me alone to the books & the radio snow leave me alone to the charcoal & the dancing shadow if each blade of grass was meant here for me split apart, sliced, and wedged in for me who’s going to treat it? i’m not going to need it leave me alone to the books & the radio snow leave me alone to the charcoal & dancing shadow i am a lake, don’t need to be watered i am an ocean, i don’t need to barter i play with the moon, my only friend it pushes it pulls me i don’t pay the rent i don’t need the walls to bury my grave i don’t need your company to feel saved i don’t need the sunlight, my curtains don’t draw i don’t need objects to keep or to pawn i don’t want your pity, concern, or your scorn i’m calm by my lonesome i feel right at home and when the wind blows, i get to dancing my fun is the rhythm of air when it’s prancing i play with the moon, my only friend… leave me alone to the books & the radio snow leave me alone to the charcoal & dancing shadow



No comments:

Post a Comment