15/02/2017

'Hello Stranger'



Ever since I was a young girl, some of my favourite activities were singing along and translating lyrics... Playing with words, noticing the different accents.

English very soon became my special language, a language linked to music of course - and music taught me English really. A language of emotions and complexity too.

Then came poetry and literature and the love story is on-going...

Very lucky I am that television and pop culture brought into my life - in a very small apartment with hard-working parents who had not so much time to choose wisely what we would be watching or reading - that they brought into my life songs, Michael Jackson and with him the whole Motown family, soul music and gospel...

After seeing Moonlight last week, listing to the soundtrack:


Moonlight (2016) - Soundtrack preview





Moonlight (OST) - End Credits Suite




And especially tonight:

Barbara Lewis - 'Hello Stranger'




With the... Lyrics of course!



Hello Stranger
Barbara Lewis


Hello, stranger
(Ooh) it seems so good to see you back again
How long has it been?
(Ooh, seems like a mighty long time)
(Shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, ooh)
It seems like a mighty long time
Oh-uh-oh, I my, my, my, my
I'm so glad
(Ooh) you stopped by to say "hello" to me
Remember that's the way it used to be
Ooh, it seems like a mighty long time
Shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, ooh
It seems like a mighty long time
Shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby
Shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby
Oh-uh-oh (shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby)
Yes I'm so glad you're here again (shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby)
Oh-ahh-uh-oh
If you're not gonna stay
(Ooh) please don't treat me like you did before
Because I still love you so a-a-although
It seems like a mighty long time
Shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, ooh
It seems like a mighty long time
Oh-uh-oh, I my, my, my, my (shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby) 
I'm so happy that you're here again (shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment