05/05/2016

To The Sirens...




This Mortal Coil - 'Song To The Siren' (Official Video)





This Mortal Coil - 'Song To The Siren' 



On the floating, ship less oceans
I did all my best to smile
Till your singing eyes and fingers
Drew me loving to your isle

And you sang, "Sail to me
Sail to me, let me enfold you"

Here I am, here I am
Waiting to hold you


Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you here when I was full sail?
Now my foolish boat is leaning
Broken lovelorn on your rocks


For you sang, "Touch me not
Touch me not, come back tomorrow"

Ohh my heart, ohh my heart
Shies from the sorrow


Well, I'm as puzzled as a newborn child
I'm as riddled as the tide
Should I stand amid the breakers?
Or shall I lie with death my bride?



Songwriters
TIM BUCKLEY, LARRY BECKETT



No comments:

Post a Comment