18/09/2012

Cronicas Amexicanas: From Brooklyn to Manhattan, in Pictures


As you may have seen, I was in Latin America for the first time this month, in Mexico. I just came back in Europe and for now I can only see one good reason for leaving: I am no longer slaughtering the beautiful Spanish language at every corner of Mexico. But that's the only one...

Luckily, my home town is a beauty and always welcoming, apart from the RER B at CDG Airport, but we are used to taht, are we not?

I labelled my travel Amexican trip, as a short for America + Mexico, inspired by a work by British journalist Ed Vulliamy, hence the name of these chronicles, which cover Brooklyn, Mexican New York and Mexico.

--  

On my way to Mexico, I stopped for three days in New York, staying in Brooklyn and searching for Mexicans living in the Big Apple.

It was also the occasion to see more of this incredible New York borough I never had time to explore deeply.

Up this page is the video I made on the first day from the subway taking me to the MoMA. It gives a feeling of the thrill I went through enjoying these precious New York moments full of meetings, arts and discoveries. I hope it communicates a bit of it... 


No comments:

Post a Comment