21/12/2011

2011... 2012

2011 is almost over. What a year.

Time flies, but it's not surprising with such a busy world!

Last year at the same time, the uprising began in Tunisia. I remember, I was in Nairobi at the time and a few journalists and I were watching the events on the news networks, and could never have imagined how far it would go!

A month later, I was covering the elections in Uganda when the 'revolution' broke in Libya too.

Now the longlasting leaders of North Africa are gone, Ben Ali, Mubarak, Gadhafi.

2012 is near and it has to upclass this amazing surprising year.

I am on my way to travel again and to try to follow the news in some of the countries where I have travelled to in 2011 and before.

This will have to include Kenya (soon I hope and in August for the elections), Algeria, France and the USA. These four countries will hold major elections in 2012. Let's hope they all bring some more democracy where it's necessary...

See you in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment